Contributions of Religions
Identify how religion contributed to early American society (e.g., impact on government, education, social norms,
slavery, and tolerance). 8.1.5
Links verified 5/24/2011
- Native American Religion in Early America - the Indian systems of belief and ritual were as legion as the tribes inhabiting North America
- Religion and the Founding of the American Republic - a Library of Congress exhibit
- Puritanism and Predestination - Puritans in both Britain and British North America sought to cleanse the culture of what they regarded as corrupt, sinful practices.
- Religion and the American Revolution - It's only by understanding the religious situation of colonials that we can fully account for how many ordinary Americans were drawn into the resistance to Britain
- Witchcraft in Salem Village - intersections of religion and society
- Religion in Colonial America - Religion was very important in the formation of Colonial America.
site for teachers |
PowerPoint show |
Acrobat document |
Word document |
whiteboard resource |
video format |
interactive lesson |
a quiz |
lesson plan |
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.