Solve contextual problems involving area and circumference of circles, surface areas and volumes of prisms, pyramids, cones, and cylinders. 0606.4.16
Links verified on 7/13/2014
- Artie Ounces Soda Jerk - interactive game to practice converting ounces to pints and quarts or
- Calculating Pi - activity using string, meter stick and several types of cylindrical containers
- Circle, Sphere and Cylinder Calculator - input a number, state if the number is diameter, radius, or circumference and the other numbers are calculated
- Circles and Circumferences - Real Life problem about Big Ben, using circles and circumferences.
- Circumference of Circles - Jillian looks at the table in the dining room again. It is a circle with a diameter of 6 feet across. How can Jillian figure out if everyone will fit at the table?
- Discovering Pi - Real Life lesson in discovering that pi is the ratio between circumference and diameter of a circle.
- How Big is my Teacher's Head? - Video - Can you solve this real life problem?
- Lesson on Circumference of a Circle - examples and five practice exercises
- Making a cone top for my fireplace -With the cost of the sheet metal,I can only afford to cut this out once,can you help me with the pattern?
- The Olympic Circles and Field Events -How do the people laying out the track figure out where to draw the different starting lines?
- The Magic Circle - activity using coffee can lids, string and rulers
- Measuring Around - find circumference - five multiple choice questions
- The Pythagorean Theorem, Distance Formula and Intro to Trigonometry - other practice activities
- Real Life applications for Geometry - Can you solve these real life problems?