3rd Grade - Construct Graphic Organizer
Construct graphic organizers to group ideas for writing (e.g., webs, charts, graphs, diagrams, illustrations). 0301.3.9
Links verified on 12/24/2014
- Character Trading Cards - This tool provides a fun and useful way to explore a character in a book or as a prewriting exercise when creating characters for original stories. Student Interactive from Read/Write/Think
- Circle Plot Diagram - The tool can be used as a pre-writing graphic organizer for students writing original stories with a circular plot structure (e.g., If You Take a Mouse to School), as well as a post-reading organizer used to explore the text structures in a book. Student Interactive from Read/Write/Think
- Education World Templates - seventeen graphic organizers to download and print or edit
- Essay Map - The Essay Map is an interactive graphic organizer that enables students to organize and outline their ideas for an informational, definitional, or descriptive essay. Student Interactive from Read/Write/Think
- Follow the Clues - a graphic organizer to help your students make predictions about a story (K-2 and 3-5 activities included)
- Graphic Organizer Links - links to a large number of graphic organizers provided by Vermilion Parish School Board in Abbeville, LA - Second page of links from the same school system
- Graphic Organizer Templates - Use these Graphic Organizer templates with your class using a given story.
- Graphic Organizers - from Enchanted Learning
- Graphic Organizers from Education Place - 38 graphic organizers to print, all in pdf format
- Holt Interactive Graphic Organizers - Three dozen different templates are available at this site. Click on a graphic organizer to download a PDF of it. Once you�ve downloaded an organizer, type your comments and print it.
- Idea Graphic Chart - worksheet - Fill in the supporting sentences that best fits the main idea.
- Index of Graphic Organizers - from Inspiration
- Instructions on how to use Excel to create a graphic organizer
- Interactive Graphic Organizers Sampler - This series of thinking tools covers a range of activities. These tools let you actively construct, examine, and modify your ideas. Currently seven of the planned seventeen thinking tools are available; look for the titles in green on the left.
- Problem/Solution Chart - Fill out this chart as a whole class activity brainstorming session to learn to recognize problems and solutions in stories. This uses cause and effect, but can be adapted.
- Story Board - a graphic organizer to help your students make predictions about a story (K-2 and 3-5 activities included)
- Story Map - The Story Map interactive is designed to assist students in pre-writing and post-reading activities by focusing on the key elements of character, setting, conflict, and resolution. Student Interactive from Read/Write/Think
- Teaching about Conflict in Literature - Lesson Plan - uses graphic organizer to plot out stories.
- Teaching Tips: Graphic Organizers - A list of links from eMINTS and The Curators of the University of Missouri
- Text 2 Mind Map - a web application that converts texts to mind maps - Enter a structured list of words or sentences and Text2Mind Map will interpret it and make a mind map out of them that you can print.
- Using Graphic Organizers - Youthlearn [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- Venn Diagram, 2 Circles - This interactive tool allows students to create Venn Diagrams that contain two overlapping circles, enabling them to organize their information logically. Student Interactive from Read/Write/Think
site for teachers |
PowerPoint show |
Acrobat document |
Word document |
whiteboard resource |
video format |
interactive lesson |
a quiz |
lesson plan |
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.