Connect ideas using a variety of transition strategies that signal addition of information and relationships between ideas (e.g., use listing words such as first, in addition, but, and however). 0801.2.14
Links verified on 7/15/2014
- Making an Argument: Effective use of Transition Words - Lesson plan - "explore and understand the use of transition words in context and write their own persuasive essay using transition words"
- A chart of the transitional devices - also called conjunctive adverbs or adverbial conjunctions
- Transitional Devices (Connecting Words) - Brought to you by the Purdue University Online Writing Lab
- Transitional Devices - transitional guides are connectives (symbols,words, phrases; sometimes whole sentences and paragraphs) that make possible a smooth "passing over" from one idea to the next.
- Using Transitions by Ruth Luman - Interactive PowerPoint show
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print