Identify the thesis of a speech in which the main idea may be explicitly or implicitly stated, concepts may be more abstract, and extended metaphors may be used, and determine the essential elements that elaborate it. 0601.2.2
Links verified on 5/22/2014
- Compose a Thesis Statement - Now that you have decided, at least tentatively, what information you plan to present in your essay, you are ready to write your thesis statement.
- How To Write a Thesis Statement - from the Writing Tutorial Services of Indiana University in Bloomington.
- Identifying A Thesis - Slideshare show that gives examples and quiz on this topic.
- Tips and Examples for Writing Thesis Statements - from the OWL at Purdue
- Thesis Statement - [from LEO] "a thesis takes a stand rather than announcing a subject"
- Thesis Statements - How to write a thesis statement
- Thesis Builder - helps build a thesis from a topic
- What Are the Different Types of Thesis Statements? - All thesis statements are not created equal, nor are they interchangeable. The different kinds of thesis statements correspond to the different kinds of essays
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print