Identify the functions and responsibilities of individual roles within an organized group (i.e., reporter, recorder, information gatherer, leader, timekeeper). SPI 0601.2.5
Links verified on 5/28/2014
- Cooperative Group Role Cards - defines responsibilities - gives examples of roles of each member
- Cooperative Project Evaluation- use this template for self evaluation [This expired page is from the Internet Archive known as the Wayback Machine.]
- Group Roles - definitions of various roles of a group.
- Roles in cooperative learning - very good explanation of roles of students and teacher [This expired page is from the Internet Archive known as the Wayback Machine.]
- Teamwork - lesson plan - how to work in teams
- The Importance of Team Roles In Teamwork - Each of the team roles also require different, specific strengths from the person fulfilling that role.
- Teamwork Exercise: Discussion of Roles and Responsibilities - Team members come from different specialties and backgrounds, and it is important that they step outside their professional daytoday responsibilities and think in terms of what they can specifically contribute to the team and how each can positively improve the level of team collaboration.
- Team roles - Individuals in a team tend to adopt informal roles that depend more on their character than on any specific knowledge or position. Recognizing these behaviors can be very useful when helping the team to work together.
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print