Include relevant facts, reasons, details, and examples to support a relatively complicated thesis. 0601.2.10
Links verified on 5/27/2014
- Basic Essay format - very helpful organizational chart with example and explanations of parts; basic essay format will help you to write and organize an essay
- Basic Essay Organization Practice Test - fifteen multiple-choice questions, each question is on a new page although there is an option to show all questions on one page
- On Writing a Paper - article suggesting on how to write a complicated thesis; outline suggestion given along with tips
- Planning an Essay with a Scratch Outline - The purpose of a rough or scratch outline is to help you clarify your thinking, organize your understanding, and find direction for your writing.
- Supporting Your Thesis - excellent article on supporting details with outline example
- Tips and Examples for Writing Thesis Statements - from the OWL at Purdue
- Thesis Statement - [from LEO] "a thesis takes a stand rather than announcing a subject"
- Thesis Statements - How to write a thesis statement
- Write a Thesis Statement - [from Cliffs Notes] includes a "magic working thesis equation"
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print