7th Grade - Thesis of Speech
Identify the thesis of a speech in which the main idea may be explicitly or implicitly stated, concepts may be more abstract, and extended metaphors may be used, and determine the essential elements that elaborate it. 0701.2.2
Links verified on 5/23/2014
- Tips and Examples for Writing Thesis Statements - from the OWL at Purdue
- Thesis Statement - [from LEO] "a thesis takes a stand rather than announcing a subject"
- Thesis Statements - How to write a thesis statement
- Thesis Builder - helps build a thesis from a topic
- Write a Thesis Statement - [from Cliffs Notes] includes a "magic working thesis equation" [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.