Organize oral presentations marinating a relatively simple three-part structure, previewing the content of presentation in introduction, offering ideas with supporting details, and providing a brief summary or conclusion. 0601.2.11
Links verified on 5/28/2014
- Approaching the Speaking Situation - Audience, Occasion, Purpose
- Delivering your talk - step 10 on the blueprint for speaking success
- Helpful Hints for Presenters - many good suggestions can be found in this PowerPoint show designed for 4-H presenters
- How to Give a Bad Talk - the ten commandments for how to fail at giving an oral presentation
- Oral Presentation Advice - things to think about
- Oral Presentation Skills : Body language - using body language in a presentation
- Oral Presentation Rubric - use this to help evaluate presentation skills
- Ordering the Phrases - excellent interactive quiz; learn about the different stages of a presentation and to learn some phrases that tell your audience where you are in your presentation.
- Organizing a Speech - A detailed outline on how to prepare a speech.
- Patterns of Organization and Their Clue Words- handout; defines term with example word usage
- Principles of Organization - scroll to middle of page to get to this section; four broad principles
- Planning, Writing, and Completing Oral Presentations - quiz with 30 multiple choice questions and 5 essay questions
- Speech Outline Example - Outline template on how to organize a speech.
- Speeches - Create an effective speech by establishing the purpose of your speech and making it easily understandable.
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print