Identify the thesis and main points of a speech. SPI 0601.2.3
Links verified on 5/26/2014
- Developing a Paragraph - tips on developing a better paragraphs, also includes some " Don't Even Think About It!" suggestions
- Developing Paragraphs - Scroll down to the bottom to get ideas and activities on how to develop paragraphs; suggestions from the Online Writing Assistant at Paradigm
- Guide to Writing Academic Essays - Guide to help support one's thesis.
- Outline - Outline of how to create a thesis, including necessary information for your final outline.
- Paragraph Development - how paragraphs are formed, how to develop stronger paragraphs, and how to completely and clearly express your ideas
- Tips and Examples for Writing Thesis Statements - from the OWL at Purdue
- Thesis Statement - [from LEO] "a thesis takes a stand rather than announcing a subject"
- Thesis Statements - How to write a thesis statement
- Thesis Builder - this online tool helps you build a thesis from a topic
- Trailblazing Introductions (6 - 8) develop a sense of beginning by using strong leads
- Write a Thesis Statement - [from Cliffs Notes] includes a "magic working thesis equation"
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print