Check for understanding after reading (e.g., draw conclusions based on evidence gained while reading). 0301.6.3
Links verified on 12/24/2014
- Cows context clue - Build corrals for cows by reading and answering questions.
- Drawing Conclusions - Read the story and choose the correct word to complete the sentence.
- Drawing Conclusions - [designed for grade 2] Read the story and answer the question.
- Grade 3 ISAT 2008 Reading Sample Questions - [4 multiple-choice questions] Being a Fish - answer questions
- Grade 3 ISAT 2009 Reading Sample Questions - [10 multiple-choice questions] Chicken Pox Party - answer questions
- Looking for the Fine Print - students read advertisements to practice reading critically
- Online Reading Passages with Exercises - online activities including comprehension, filling in the gap and recreating a story at levels basic to advanced.
- Reading Comprehension Corner - [grade 3 and above] Students choose a reading passage, then read and answer critical thinking questions that can be checked on the computer. Reading passages and questions are designed to reflect what students may encounter on state mandated standardized tests; from Mr. Nussbaum
- Reading Comprehension Tests - a collection of resources at Internet4Classrooms
- Reading Comprehension Worksheets - a collection of resources at Internet4Classrooms
- Third Grade Reading - Read the introduction and the passage that follows. Then read each question and mark the circle next to the correct answer.
- Using Context Clues - This section will help you review and strengthen your knowledge of using context clues. The 30 exercises are grouped into beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels. Determine your level of knowledge and then select an exercise from the lists at the site.
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print