Solve linear inequalities in two variables (including those whose solutions require multiplication or division by a negative number). 0806.3.5
Links verified on 9/29/2014
- Graphing a Linear Inequality - a seven slide PowerPoint show
- Graphing Linear Inequalities - explanation from Purple Math (much easier than your book makes it look)
- Inequalities Workout - six matching questions at Math.com
- Linear Equation Problem Solver - practice problems, several options available: five levels; two, three, or four variables - students enter data, click on the "push here" button and receive a message in a box to the right.
- Practice Lessons - Let your cursor hover over the Help Desk button and select Glossary. Select a term and then click on the [Go to lesson] link to see a lesson on the selected term. Each lesson includes examples and interactive applets for your students to manipulate the variables. This small window does not have a Back button, but pressing the Backspace key on your keyboard will allow you to go Back.
- Practice with Solving Inequalities - six questions, answers are in pull down boxes
- Solving Inequalities: Overview - a three-page lesson from Purple Math