Sort, order and classify objects by attribute and identify objects that do not belong in a particular group. 0006.3.4
Links verified 12/14/2009
- Astronomy Shape Match - click and drag objects to match shape outlines
- Buzzing with Shapes (2 player game) - Be the first to fill a row (like tic-tac-toe). Players must select the number of sides in a shape.
- Kinderweb - Interactive educational games geared for the beginning of the school year or preschoolers. Students practice their colors and shapes. This site is completely audio so children can work at their own pace independently.
- I Spy Shapes - locate triangles, circles and squares in a set of pictures
- Measuring Up with Clifford - follow Clifford's instructions to click on the smallest or largest
- Oddball - find the shape that does not match (from FunBrain)
- Paint the Shapes - A listening and following directions game identifying shapes and colors.
- Put it on the Shelf - Replace the question mark with the shape that matches the outline.
- Shape Books - Great site that has shape book patterns for making little books and posters. You can find shapes for most of the the major themes of K such as nature, animals, transportation, holidays, insects and many others.
- Shape Match - Drag and drop the shape on the correct match.
- Shapes - for pre-school, identify shapes and colors
- Shapeville - Click on the shape you find in the pictures
- Story of Shapes - from Pre-School Library
- Virtual Goose - You must match the egg the goose is sitting to one of the other four eggs. Caution, the eggs will have been turned.
- National Library of Virtual Manipulatives - Algebra [Grades Pre-K-2]
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print