Represent algebraic relationships with equations and inequalities. 0806.3.2
Links verified on 9/18/2014
- Everything Balances Out in the End - [lesson plan from Illuminations] Students use the Balance Pans Expressions Tool to explore algebraic expressions. They determine if algebraic expressions are equal. They balance pans to solve a system of equations and use graphing to find the solutions to a system of equations.
- Inequalities Workout - at Math.com
- Practice with Solving Inequalities - six practice questions, answers available from pull down menus [This expired page is brought to you by the Internet archive, the Wayback Machine.]
- Solving Inequalities: Overview - from Purple Math
- Teacher Dodgeball - fill in numbers on an equation - Each blank of the equation stands for a number on a teacher. Hit the teacher with the number that goes next in the equation by clicking on them.
- Weigh the Wangdoodles - Your job is to find the weight of each Wangdoodle using the information provided by the scales. To be successful, you will have to make sure that the weight you assign to each Wangdoodle works on each scale. This activity is a fun but challenging introduction to multiple algebraic equations