German Language Links, Resources & Activities
Links verified on 6/4/2016
- American Association of Teachers of German (teaching resources)
- BBC German resources - teacher and student resources
- Jim Becker's German Resources - Sites to enhance your knowledge of the German language and German culture
- Colors - Move your mouse over a colour to see spelling in German. Click on a colour to hear pronunciation.
- Chillola - learn your first words in English, Spanish, French, German and Italian. You can print out activities, participate in the kids' gallery and learn about different countries, cultures and people.
- Days of the Month - Short quiz on using numbers as part of the date.
- German Grammar Review - easy to use index of topics
- German Language Guide - free tests, vocabulary, resources, pronunciation keys and more.
- Interactive Vocabulary Game - vocabulary for characteristics
- Interactive Vocabulary Game - common classroom vocabulary
- Interactive Vocabulary Game - common classroom objects
- Interactive Vocabulary Game - ways to meet and greet people in German
- Interactive German Conversation Game - Drag and Drop activity to test understanding of beginning conversational German.
- Learn German - this site is about studying the language in Germany, however good resources are listed for your students to use wherever they live
- Online German Course - registration is free; quizzes; many topics to choose.
- Little Explorers Picture Dictionary - English-German version
- Months of the Year Quiz - German month is given, students write the English month that corresponds
- Your Language Exchange Online Community - Find a partner and practice your second language (any language) with a native speaker who is learning your language.
- Vocabulary Training Exercises - in German , French, or Spanish
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print