Classroom Strategies - Special Needs
Links verified 4/11/2021
- Accommodations vs. Modifications - Adjustment of the facilities, curriculum, and instruction relating to the education of students with disabilities.
- Activity Ideas for Students with Severe/Profound/Multiple/Disabilities - "Purpose of this article is to suggest some realistic ideas for teaching students with severe disabilities."
- Adapting Instruction - Adaptation strategies common in working with special education students.
- Adapted PE - Adapting, modifying, and/or changing a physical activity so it is as appropriate for the person with a disability as it is for a person without a disability.
- Comics - Using comics to help Special Needs - MakeBeliefsComix.com is a useful resource in helping youngsters express themselves and communicate with others.
- Improving Reading Skills in the Science Classroom - Integrate the acquisition of skills with the understanding of content.
- Lessons with Modifications for Special Needs - Lesson plans with modification ideas for special needs students.
- Practical Strategies For The Classroom - Strategies to assist individual learning styles and provide success to all students with special needs.
- Reading Instruction for Secondary Students with Disabilities - Collaborative Strategic Reading (CSR) and Strategic Instruction Model (SIM).
- Special Education Lesson Plans - Lesson plans by grade level for students with special needs.
- Teacher Resources - Ways to create an inclusive classroom, adapt and supplement your classroom materials, make assessment accommodations, and provide you with other useful tips.
- Teaching Every Student - Universal design toolkit - welcoming every student.
- Teachers First Matrix - Numerous classroom resources to use in the special education classroom.
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print