Assistive Technology: Physically Disabled
Resources for the Physically Disabled
Links verified 6/21/2021
- Assistive Technology Training Online Project (ATTO) - Information on AT applications that help students with disabilities learn in elementary classrooms.
- Assistive Technology Journal - Published twice a month by the AT Network and California Assistive Technology Systems.
- Assistive Technology and Augmentative Communication - (some tips from Linda J. Burkhart)
- Keyboard and Mouse Resources
- Click N Types - Virtual Keyboard. As long as the physically challenged person can control a mouse, trackball, touch screen or other pointing device, this software keyboard sends keystrokes to virtually any Windows application.
- Mouse Keys for people which have difficulties in moving a mouse.
- Switch Resources
- Switch in Time - Free software for Apple computers - uses switches for input devices. Note: Many of these programs are pre-OSX but you may still find them useful.
- Switch Software Downloads - Games for switches.
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.