Assistive Technology: Physically Disabled
Resources for the Physically Disabled
Links verified 1/2/2018
- Assistive Technology
Training Online Project (ATTO) - Information on AT applications that
help students with disabilities learn in elementary classrooms. [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- Assistive Software
- Free downloads of various software to help individuals with special needs.
Technology Journal - Published twice a month by the AT Network and California
Assistive Technology Systems.
Technology and Augmentative Communication - (some
tips from Linda J. Burkhart) Don't miss the instructions for
how to build a mouse
- Assistive Technology News Portal
- Free news, articles, and product reviews of assistive technology devices.
- Keyboard and Mouse Resources
- Click N Types
- Virtual Keyboard. As long as the physically challenged person can
control a mouse, trackball, touch screen or other pointing device, this
software keyboard sends keystrokes to virtually any Windows application.
Keys for people which have difficulties in moving a mouse.
- On-Screen Keyboard - On-Screen Keyboard is an accessibility utility that displays a virtual keyboard on the computer screen that allows people with mobility impairments to type data by using a pointing device or joystick.
- Switch Resources
in Time - Free software for Apple computers - uses switches for input
Many of these programs are pre-OSX but you may still find them useful.
Software Downloads - Games for switches.
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.