NLD - Teaching Resources
Links verified 1/2/14
- Classroom Challenges & Instructional Strategies - Powerpoint presentation on the academic areas affected and best practices for instruction and the school setting. By Ellen Engstrom, Groves Academy.
- Developing an Educational Plan - Describes 10 common neurobehavioral characteristics of NLD along with suggestions for teacher interventions to consider when developing an IEP.
- Instructional Adaptations - Suggestions on modifications and teaching strategies for preschool, elementary, middle school and beyond.
- NLD: The Math and Handwriting Problem - Looks at the strengths and weaknesses of NLD and remedial approaches that can be used for these areas.
- Strategies for Children with NLD - Suggestions for everyday activities, the environment, and teaching new skills.
- Students with NLD - Characteristics to look for in students and interventions that are effective.
- Teaching Math - Strategies for teaching math to students with a NLD.
- Teaching Social Skills - Information on teaching social skills at home and in school to children with a NLD.
- Teaching Strategies - General strategies for working with students who have a NLD.
- The Invisible Disability - Spotting the signs of a student with NLD.