Resources for the Hearing Impaired
Links verified 6/1/2022
- Described and Captioned Media Program - This educational media is made accessible to the deaf and hard of hearing via captioning. You Tube video
- Factsheet For Autism Therapy - picture exchange communication system
- Instructor Fact Sheet - Teaching students with hearing loss
- Pictograms - Downloadable and categorized with help files on how to use them in various application programs.
- Picture Cards - Print these ready to use communication tools.
- Sign Language Alphabet game - Fruit and Vegetable Alphabet - 3 versions of the game- a bilingual sign language only game, a listening/auditory game and a combination game where children can click on the listen button after viewing the sign language video.
- The Signer Development Module - The Signer application is a tool for software developers to add sign language animations to their software with minimal effort.
- Symbol World - Website created by Widgit Software, dedicated to people who use symbols; stories, life skills, learning; also a monthly magazine for symbol readers.
- Teaching Strategies for the Deaf and Hearing Impaired - four pages of ideas from City College High Tech Center in San Diego, CA
- With a Hearing Aid, a Hearing-Impaired Child Can Hear as Well as You - False! - This page will demonstrate visually how hearing aids work for conductive and sensorineural hearing loss.