Other Accessibility Resources
Links verified 6/21/2021
- Accessibility Technologies in Mac OS X - A wide variety of features and technologies specifically designed to provide accessibility to users with disabilities.
- Chess - Play UA-Chess - Can be concurrently played by people with different abilities and preferences, including people with disabilities. (e.g., low-vision, blind and hand-motor impaired).
- CLC STAR - Allows users to easily setup preferences for how they want pages presented to them in Firefox.
- Microsoft Guides by Impairment - Each guide provides a list of assistive technology products and links to Step by Step Tutorials for accessibility features that are helpful for specific types of difficulties and impairments.
- Open Source Assistive Technology Software
- Technology Guide to Assist Students with Visual Impairments in Meeting Curriculum Goal - This guide provides a sequential framework addressing a range of technology options to meet the general learning expectations from Kindergarten to Grade 12.
- Using Assistive Technologies:
- Web Tools - Free videos to show solutions on making the web more accessible for people with vision, hearing or other disabilities [
- Widgit Resources - Resources using symbols; select the ones that are free; resources to be used by CIP Communicate: In Print 2, Boardmaker files, WWS Writing with Symbols 2000 v2.6 and PDF format.