Family and Consumer Sciences
Family and Consumer Sciences
Occupational food service, Occupational clothing and textiles, and Occupational housing and interior design
Links verified 1/7/2019
- Cooking and Food Theme - a collection of ideas to create a fun cooking/food theme in your classroom
- Cooking Conversion Calculator - This tool converts weights, volumes, metric, US for specific food items - Conversion Tools - many to select from
- Culinary Arts and Food Science Career Guide - explore careers in Culinary Arts and Food Science
- EconEdLink - a premier source of classroom-tested, Internet-based economic education lesson plans for K-12 teachers and their students (a Thinkfinity partner site)
- Eco-Friendly Painting Resource Guide - The history of eco-friendly paint as well as paint’s impact on health and the environment.
- An Educator's Guide to Food Safety Material - dozens of links for educators to introduce food safety into their curriculum
- Family and Consumer Science Sites - Save time with this comprehensive list of valuable resources in Family and Consumer Sciences.
- Family Consumer Sciences - New Ideas for FACS Teachers!
- Food and Fitness - This curriculum guide for Foods & Nutrition 1 is a basic nutrition and food course with a science perspective.
- Food and Nutrition - Jeopardy game format
- Food and Science Core - Online Curriculum Unit with lessons and activities.
- Food - Eggs, Poultry and Fish - Quiz Jeopardy Style
- Food Groups - a Quia quiz on nutrition
- Food - How Food Works - food and how your body uses it
- Food - Kitchen Equipment - Hangman Game
- Food Labels - How to understand food labels.
- Food Labels - U.S. Food and Drug Administration site to help understand food labels
- Food Labels - Figuring out food labels.
- Food Labels Quiz - how truthful are food and nutrition labels
- Food - Measurement and Equivalent - Quia quiz
- Food - The Total Kitchen Experience! - Jeopardy format
- Food - Nutrition Guidelines - Rags to Riches game format
- Food Safety - Lessons and activities.
- Food Safety After Covid 19 - best practices
- Food Safety is in Your Hands - lesson plan on using proposed hand washing benchmarks for school meals programs
- Food Sanitation Tips - including personal hygiene, food preparation tips, the two-spoon tasting method, hand washing, and food thawing
- Health WebQuests - index of online lessons
- Home Economics Resources - Various resources online.
- Home Economics Archive - Subject feature an essay, images and a bibliography of core titles for the discipline.
- Housing - Influences on Housing in the U.S. - Jeopardy game. Part Two - part two of a two part jeopardy game covering various influences
- Housing - Meeting housing needs - Quia quiz
- Housing - Special Needs Housing - Quia quiz
- How School Lunch Programs Support Children’s Health, Even From A Distance - posted by Baylor University
- How to Become an Interior Designer - how to become an interior designer should you decide to pursue this career path
- Interior Design - A Day in the Life - career info
- Interior Design - American Society of Interior Designers
- Kitchen Math - Lesson on fractions in the kitchen.
- Kookist - a resource guide to food safety
- Let's Cook: Class Curriculum - [269 pages] to promote fruit & vegetable consumption in children (ages 9-13) living in low incomehouseholds
- Reading Food Nutrition Labels - Learning how to read and understand food labels can help you make healthier choices. Here are some tips for making the most of the information on the Nutrition Facts label.
- Recipe Manipulation - Use math and spreadsheets to increase amounts in a recipe. You know the guests will eat a lot of it, so you'll make more than one serving per person.
- Sewing Machine Parts - Scroll toward the bottom of the page and learn the parts of a sewing machine.
- Sewing Machine Parts - identify parts of the machine and its function.
- Sewing - Care and storage of Equipment - Quia quiz
- Small Appliance Cooking Assignment - lesson plan: students will demonstrate how to make a simple recipe using only small kitchen appliances
- Sugarcoating the Facts - lesson plan to help students analyze the nutrition charts found on food packaging
- Textile - Hispanic Designers - Compare and contrast different styles of designers.
- Textile Dye History - Timeline on the history of dyeing textiles
- Textiles - Fabric Trademark and Brand Name Index - in alphabetical order
- Textiles - Fabric Dictionary - Fabric terms
- Textile - How Fabric is Made - Cranston Village
- Textiles - Fiber and Clothing Arts, and Art - studying medieval and renaissance activities.
- Textile Design - Create you own fabric place mats
- Textile Design - Fabric University - Fiber/Yarn Trademark and Brand Name Index
- Textiles - Fabric Info
- Textiles - Rayon - The Multi-Faceted Fiber - article on Rayon
- WebQuests - index of online quests
site for teachers |
PowerPoint show |
Acrobat document |
Word document |
whiteboard resource |
video format |
interactive lesson |
a quiz |
lesson plan |
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.