Links verified 6/16/2018
- Advanced Vehicles and Fuels Research - Hybrid Electric and Fuel Cell Vehicles (from the National Renewable Energy Laboratory) [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive.]
- Auto Body Repair Career Guide - explore careers in Auto Body Repair
- Auto List: News and Reviews - car tech and news
- Auto Service Technology Career Guide - Explore careers in Automotive Service Technology with the following links to job descriptions, which include information such as daily activities, skill requirements, salary and training required. Also links and resources for lesson plans, history of the auto and more.
- Auto Safety - get the latest information on auto safety
- AutoShop 101 - the online learning section of AutoEducation.com
- Autoshop 101 - Automotive Training and Resource Site for Automotive Electronics [Different from the site above]
- Autopedia - comprehensive Automotive Internet Resource where consumers can find information related to Autos, Boats, Trucks, Minivans, Motorcycles, RVs, SUVs and the Lemon Law.
- Biodiesel - Facts and information about biodiesel fuel
- Car Care Tips - Want to find out more information about your vehicle? See some of the latest articles in car maintenance, safety, and current events.
- Four Stroke Cycle animation - students can change variables
- The FreedomCAR and Vehicle Technologies (FCVT) Program - from the U.S. Department of Energy
- How Cars Work - an extensive digital library of learning resources for future mechanics
- How Stuff Works - cutting edge of car mechanics; fuel cells, electric cars and more
- How to Find Your Way Under the Hood & Around the Car - a quick and easy guide to automotive systems [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive.]
- Hybrid Power Systems?for the New Millennium - ( from the Family Car's Classroom on the Web)
- Illustrated auto glossary - explanation of automotive terms
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration - recalls, safety, crash tests, vehicle and equipment information and more
- Office of Defects Investigation - This database includes information received by NHTSA from consumers either directly or as recorded by the Vehicle Safety Hotline.
- Tires - 1010tires - sizing, maintenance, installation.
- Tire Recall - an online lesson [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive.]
- Top 10 Tips for Students From ASE-Certified Master Technicians [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive.]
- Ultimate Automotive Resource Guide - Whether your interest is hands-on or hands-off, you’re sure to find plenty of worthwhile information within this guide.
- Understanding Your Car - The Family Car Classroom on the Web
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print