CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.3.1 - Write opinion pieces on topics or texts, supporting a point of view with reasons.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.3.1.a - Introduce the topic or text they are writing about, state an opinion, and create an organizational structure that lists reasons.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.3.1.b - Provide reasons that support the opinion.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.3.1.c - Use linking words and phrases (e.g., because, therefore, since, for example) to connect opinion and reasons.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.3.1.d - Provide a concluding statement or section.
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.3.1 Write Opinion Pieces On Topics Or Texts,... Writing - 3rd Grade English Language Arts Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 10/08/2017)
- A Feast of Words on a Planet Called Earth and Beyond - Unit Plan; demonstrates the use of idioms and fiction; read poems that focus on a simple topic; research about other planets. exhibits careful diction.
- Book Review Template - A word document; write your opinion about a book.
- Books for teaching Point of View - These stories can be used in a point of view writing lesson.
- Fact Or Opinion - Answer the questions correctly in order to hit the soccer ball.
- Passage Picker - Use this worksheet to look for interesting or unusual sections or paragraphs in the story, then categorize them.