CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.1.3 - Write narratives in which they recount two or more appropriately sequenced events, include some details regarding what happened, use temporal words to signal event order, and provide some sense of closure.
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.1.3 Write Narratives In Which They Recount Two... Writing - 1st Grade English Language Arts Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 10/08/2017)
- Descriptive Prompt - Lesson plan with activities that include writing a short paragraph.
- Expository Writing - Lesson plan with handout; writing an expository sentence.
- Lesson Plans - Constructing a Beginning, Middle, and End - Writing lesson plan; 5 lessons on guided writing of a story.
- Making Bread - Video; How to make Bread
- Scoring Checklist - With prompts included, students write stories and are graded by this checklist.
- Story Maker - Online interactive site; children illustrate and answer questions to create a story.
- Story Mapping - Handout; A blank story path for children to use to plan story writing. There are spaces for 5 drawings e.g. Introduction; build-Up; problem; resolution; ending
- Story Solutions - Students will read each story and write an ending.
- Writing a story - Many story prompts ; download the illustration; the student writes a story.