CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.3.3 - Write narratives to develop real or imagined experiences or events using effective technique, descriptive details, and clear event sequences.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.3.3.a - Establish a situation and introduce a narrator and/or characters; organize an event sequence that unfolds naturally.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.3.3.b - Use dialogue and descriptions of actions, thoughts, and feelings to develop experiences and events or show the response of characters to situations.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.3.3.c - Use temporal words and phrases to signal event order.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.3.3.d - Provide a sense of closure.
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.3.3 Write Narratives To Develop Real Or Imagined Experiences... Writing - 3rd Grade English Language Arts Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 10/08/2017)
- Expository Writing Prompts - Over 200 writing prompts for young writers.
- Nonfiction - Read the selections and choose the nonfiction text; click the nonfiction theme and the choose titles, words and pictures to make a book page.
- Read All About It! - Create a class newspaper, adapting this lesson plan with materials.
- Writing out the Plot in Sequence - Interactive applet; students write the happenings of the story.
- Writing Topics - Many writing topics for classroom use.