CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.2.2 - Write informative/explanatory texts in which they introduce a topic, use facts and definitions to develop points, and provide a concluding statement or section.
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.2.2 Write Informative/explanatory Texts In Which They Introduce... Writing - 2nd Grade English Language Arts Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 10/08/2017)
- Descriptive Prompt - Lesson plan with activities that include writing a short paragraph.
- Expository Writing - Lesson plan with handout; writing an expository sentence.
- Expository Writing Prompts - Over 200 writing prompts for young writers.
- Second Grade Research Project - Children will research a state and write a report on it including pictures and maps.
- Unit Plan; two units designed to support students' journey towards proficiency in writing and reading of informational texts about a subject which they have studied - Students will ask and answer such questions as who, what, where, and how to demonstrate understanding of key details in a text. Students will also write informative texts.
- Writing Topics - Many writing topics for classroom use.