CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.3.2 - Write informative/explanatory texts to examine a topic and convey ideas and information clearly.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.3.2.a - Introduce a topic and group related information together; include illustrations when useful to aiding comprehension.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.3.2.b - Develop the topic with facts, definitions, and details.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.3.2.c - Use linking words and phrases (e.g., also, another, and, more, but) to connect ideas within categories of information.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.3.2.d - Provide a concluding statement or section.
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.3.2 Write Informative/explanatory Texts To Examine A Topic... Writing - 3rd Grade English Language Arts Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 10/08/2017)
- Expository Writing Analysis - Poster showing the steps for writing an expository essay.
- Expository Writing Prompts - Over 200 writing prompts for young writers.
- Listen and Compare/Contrast Information - Audio informational text told, then questions asked.
- Story Starts - Use this interactive template to start a story; print it out and finish it on paper with illustrations.
- Writing Topics - Many writing topics for classroom use.