CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.6.1 - Write arguments to support claims with clear reasons and relevant evidence.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.6.1.a - Introduce claim(s) and organize the reasons and evidence clearly.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.6.1.b - Support claim(s) with clear reasons and relevant evidence, using credible sources and demonstrating an understanding of the topic or text.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.6.1.c - Use words, phrases, and clauses to clarify the relationships among claim(s) and reasons.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.6.1.d - Establish and maintain a formal style.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.6.1.e - Provide a concluding statement or section that follows from the argument presented.
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.6.1 Write Arguments To Support Claims With Clear Reasons... Writing - 6th Grade English Language Arts Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 10/08/2017)
- Courageous Characters - In this six-week unit, students select a fictional story with a courageous character and pair it with related informational text from the same historical time period.
- Personal Business Block Style Letter With Open Punctuation Example - Different examples of formatting styles
- Purposes in Writing - Explanation of various purposes from writers' point of view
- Understanding different purposes - Communicate successfully to your audience
- WRITING EDITORIALS - In this unit, 6th graders are introduced to the genre of argument writing.