CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RI.3.5 - Use text features and search tools (e.g., key words, sidebars, hyperlinks) to locate information relevant to a given topic efficiently.
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RI.3.5 Use Text Features And Search Tools (e.g., Key... Reading:Informational Text - 3rd Grade English Language Arts Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 10/08/2017)
- Captions - Ask students to do this assignment; finding a picture and giving it a caption.
- Captions-Lesson Plan - Print out this worksheet on analyzing the meaning of captions.
- Finding Information - Help find the answers to the question, after reading the information.
- Graphic Organizer-Text Features - Use this graphic organizer to write down text features and how they help readers.
- Posters - Text Features - Print these out and post around the room as reminders of each feature's definition.
- Table of Contents - Online lesson explaining topic with practice included.
- Text Features - Learn to identify several text features.
- Text Features Quiz - Check your understanding of text features with this online self-checking quiz
- The Index - Online lesson explaining topic with practice included.
- Unit Plan; Looking at Text Features - Complete unit on many types of text features with handouts included.