CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.8.6 - Use technology, including the Internet, to produce and publish writing and present the relationships between information and ideas efficiently as well as to interact and collaborate with others.
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.8.6 Use Technology, Including The Internet, To Produce... Writing - 8th Grade English Language Arts Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 10/08/2017)
- Comic Strips - Create your own comics and your own characters also at Professor Garfield's Comic Lab!
- Comic Strips - Make up your own comics, using characters, emotions, and more
- Dialogue With a Purpose - How to create and handle dialogue
- Dialogue Workshop - Writing suggestions from Holly Lisle
- Modes of Writing - Definitions of various modes of writing
- Narrative and Dialogue - A Contrast In Writing Styles
- Persuasive Writing - The message must always be crafted to appeal to our audience's self-interest
- Quiz - Match a prompt to narrative, expository, persuasive, or descriptive writing
- Screen Writers Toolkit: Writing Dialogue - A blog assembled and contributed to by writers who are interested in developing the craft of screen writing [make sure you see the Tarrantino Exercise using the Yellow pages] [from the Internet Archive]
- Teaching Tone vs. Mood using Computer-Based Multimedia - Lesson plan that can be adapted using Photostory 3.0 [this high school lesson plan could be adapted to teach this standard]
- The Five Paragraph Essay Wizard - Persuasive Essay and prompts [from the Internet Archive]
- The Power of Persuasive Writing - A three week communication skills and interdisciplinary middle school Internet project. (a WebQuest)
- The Write Source - Interested in receiving student writings for possible publication in one of our handbooks or on our Web site!
- The Writing conference - Publishes original poetry and prose from students enrolled in kindergarten through twelfth grade
- Twelve Exercises for Improving Dialogue - From the Writer's Resource Center
- Which Writing? - Students choose an appropriate format for writing.
- Write Now - From Zuzu - contribution of young artists, photographers and writers just like YOU
- Writing a How-To Explanation - Student model
- Writing a Personal Narrative - Student model
- Writing a Persuasive Essay - Student model
- Writing Dialogue - This is a dialogue sheet which can be used to teach students to include the basic characteristics of good dialogue in their own writing. The form may be modified to include whatever characteristics the instructor desires.
- Writing Exercises: Dialogue - Suggestions and exercises from the successful author Stephen J. Cannell