CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.3.3 - Use knowledge of language and its conventions when writing, speaking, reading, or listening.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.3.3.a - Choose words and phrases for effect.*
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.3.3.b - Recognize and observe differences between the conventions of spoken and written standard English.
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.3.3 Use Knowledge Of Language And Its Conventions When... Language - 3rd Grade English Language Arts Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 10/08/2017)
- Barnaby Bear Stories - Informational stories about Australia and Paris; audio can be turned on or off, words and illlustrations included.
- Buffalo Hunters - Read the passage and answer questions that test reading comprehension and more.
- Elements of a good discussion - Helpful tips on guiding students in a discussion and excellent chart to show class for better understanding on this topic
- Group Discussion Scoring Guide - Share this scoring guide with students to show them the correct way to respond in group discussions.
- Harriet Tubman - Read the passage and answer questions that test reading comprehension and more.
- Narrative Elements - Read these pages and click on the correct answers to the questions.
- Online Stories - Read these online stories and demonstrate understanding of its characters, setting, or plot.
- Preparing for Literary Circles - Teacher help for setting up successful group discussions.
- Questioner - Use this worksheet to develop questioning techniques.
- Questioning Mini Lessons - Ask questions about these stories; materials included.
- Sebastian Swan Stories - No audio, but colorful illustrations and stories to read on your own.
- Sequoya - Read the passage and answer questions that test reading comprehension and more.
- Small Discussion Group Questions - A great list of questions to start small group discussions on text reading.
- Speaking and Listening Rubric - Nice poster to help remind students of speaking skills and listening skills.
- Types of Small Groups - Great ideas in this article suggesting various types of grouping for class discussions.
- Unit Plan; Character Development - Graphic organizers; lesson plans to take in many aspects of character study.