CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.2.3 - Use knowledge of language and its conventions when writing, speaking, reading, or listening.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.2.3.a - Compare formal and informal uses of English.
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.2.3 Use Knowledge Of Language And Its Conventions When... Language - 2nd Grade English Language Arts Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 10/08/2017)
- Character Study - Printable sheet to analyze character actions.
- Elements of a good discussion - Helpful tips on guiding students in a discussion and excellent chart to show class for better understanding on this topic
- Give me Five - Listening Poster
- Group Discussion Scoring Guide - Share this scoring guide with students to show them the correct way to respond in group discussions.
- Having a Conversation - Worksheet; cut and paste; fill in the gaps in the sentences stating rules about having a conversation.
- Interpret Stories - Interactive lesson plan using story elements and vocabulary to interpret stories.
- Lesson Plan-Point of View - Teaching Point of View With Two Bad Ants
- Polite Conversation - Worksheet; cut and paste; fill in the gaps in the sentences.
- Preparing for Literary Circles - Teacher help for setting up successful group discussions.
- Questioning Mini Lessons - Ask questions about these stories; materials included.
- Small Discussion Group Questions - A great list of questions to start small group discussions on text reading.
- Speaking and Listening Rubric - Nice poster to help remind students of speaking skills and listening skills.
- The Three Pigs - Video; online illustrations with Mrs. P reading the story; words and punctuation visible while reading.
- Types of Small Groups - Great ideas in this article suggesting various types of grouping for class discussions.
- Unit Plan; Character Development - Graphic organizers; lesson plans to take in many aspects of character study.
- When is it time to talk? - Worksheet; answer these questions about the correct times to talk.