CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.2.7 - Use information gained from the illustrations and words in a print or digital text to demonstrate understanding of its characters, setting, or plot.
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.2.7 Use Information Gained From The Illustrations And Words... Reading:Literature - 2nd Grade English Language Arts Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 10/08/2017)
- Barnaby Bear Stories - Informational stories about Australia and Paris; audio can be turned on or off, words and illlustrations included.
- Character Scrapbook - Use this template to analyze characters.
- Illustrations - Online interactive lesson with practice included.
- Online Stories - Read these online stories and demonstrate understanding of its characters, setting, or plot.
- Sebastian Swan Stories - No audio, but colorful illustrations and stories to read on your own.
- Story Element Unit Lesson - n interactive Web site where students can learn about different literary "ingredients" that make up a story.
- Unit Plan; Character Development - Graphic organizers; lesson plans to take in many aspects of character study.
- What Can you Infer? - Online quiz; Read the sentences and select the correct answer.