CCSS.Math.Content.2.MD.B.5 - Use addition and subtraction within 100 to solve word problems involving lengths that are given in the same units, e.g., by using drawings (such as drawings of rulers) and equations with a symbol for the unknown number to represent the problem.
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.Math.Content.2.MD.B.5 Use Addition And Subtraction Within 100 To Solve... Measurement and Data - 2nd Grade Mathematics Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 10/08/2017)
- Addition and subtraction word problems - metric units - Worksheet to download or do as whole class activity on IWB.
- Building visuals of word problems - Read the problems then build the visual representation.
- Length Word Problems- Metric Unit - Online quiz; self checking
- Length Word Problems- Standard Unit - Online quiz; self checking
- Measurement Problems - Worksheet to print; can be cut into cards for activity center or used as whole class activity with IWB.
- Measurement Word Problems - Worksheet to print or do as whole class activity.
- Word Problem Thinking Blocks - Use their problems or create your own word problems and use visuals to represent answers.