CCSS.Math.Content.8.G.A.2 - Understand that a two-dimensional figure is congruent to another if the second can be obtained from the first by a sequence of rotations, reflections, and translations; given two congruent figures, describe a sequence that exhibits the congruence between them.
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.Math.Content.8.G.A.2 Understand That A Two-dimensional Figure Is Congruent To Another If... Geometry - 8th Grade Mathematics Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 10/08/2017)
- Mathematical Movements (Flips, Slides and Turns) - A 25 page lesson with printables
- Measuring Turns - What would shapes look like if rotated
- Sam's Similar Shapes - Students learn about shapes that are different sizes but the same shape.
- Spy Guys Interactive - Slides and Flips - Lesson 17
- Transformations - How to identify, describe, perform, and analyze transformations involving translations, reflections, and rotations
- Transformations and Symmetry - Many good examples on this Math Art Connections page includes a student project assignment at the end
- Wrapping Paper Patterns - Decide which figures would result from a flip, a slide, or a turn