CCSS.Math.Content.3.G.A.1 - Understand that shapes in different categories (e.g., rhombuses, rectangles, and others) may share attributes (e.g., having four sides), and that the shared attributes can define a larger category (e.g., quadrilaterals). Recognize rhombuses, rectangles, and squares as examples of quadrilaterals, and draw examples of quadrilaterals that do not belong to any of these subcategories.
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.Math.Content.3.G.A.1 Understand That Shapes In Different Categories (e.g., Rhombuses, Rectangles,... Geometry - 3rd Grade Mathematics Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 10/08/2017)
- Interactive Quadrilateral - Become familiar with all angles of quadrilaterals in this interactive game.
- Quad Squad - A quick lesson on classifying and describing quadrilaterals
- Quadrilateral Matching - Concentration style quiz
- Quadrilateral Sorter - Click on a shape to find out about it
- Quadrilaterals - Explanation, examples and questions to answer
- Quadrilaterals Explained - Lesson on quadrilaterals and activity dragging the dots to form quadrilaterals.