CCSS.Math.Content.3.NF.A.2 - Understand a fraction as a number on the number line; represent fractions on a number line diagram.
CCSS.Math.Content.3.NF.A.2.a - Represent a fraction 1/b on a number line diagram by defining the interval from 0 to 1 as the whole and partitioning it into b equal parts. Recognize that each part has size 1/b and that the endpoint of the part based at 0 locates the number 1/b on the number line.
CCSS.Math.Content.3.NF.A.2.b - Represent a fraction a/b on a number line diagram by marking off a lengths 1/b from 0. Recognize that the resulting interval has size a/b and that its endpoint locates the number a/b on the number line.
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.Math.Content.3.NF.A.2 Understand A Fraction As A Number On The Number Line;... Number and Operations--Fractions - 3rd Grade Mathematics Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 10/08/2017)
- Drag and Drop Fractions - Drag and drop the fractions onto their correct position on the number line.
- Estimate Fractional Distance - Watch Grammy carefully and estimate the fractional distance that represents where she jumped over the hedge.
- Find Grampy - Help Grammy find Grampy behind the hedge by using fractions on the number line.
- Fraction Monkeys - Hang the monkey by putting the hook on its tail into the rings on the number line.
- Fraction Number Line - Move your mouse left and right, and explore the different fractions.
- Placing Fractions on a Number Line - Select Fractions; then select Proper Fractions. Select 0 to 1 unit fractions to play. Move the target to the correct place on the number line.
- Touchdown - Use the arrow buttons or arrow keys on your keyboard to move the football around the defenders to the endzone. When you have been tackled or make it to the endzone, answer the fraction question to proceed to the next level.