CCSS.Math.Content.7.G.B.6 - Solve real-world and mathematical problems involving area, volume and surface area of two- and three-dimensional objects composed of triangles, quadrilaterals, polygons, cubes, and right prisms.
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.Math.Content.7.G.B.6 Solve Real-world And Mathematical Problems Involving Area,... Geometry - 7th Grade Mathematics Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 10/08/2017)
- 2-D to 3-D Morphing - Use geometry to make flat shapes "rise up" into fun 3D objects.
- 3-D Object Viewer - Students may explore a variety of 3-D objects and their accompanying 2-D views.
- Angle Classification: Acute, Right, Obtuse - Explanation and questions to answer
- Angle Game - Shoot alien spaceship that matches the angle stated.
- Angles - Students practice their knowledge of acute, obtuse and alternate angles.
- Basic Geometric Figures - A TAKS worksheet to print and use in class [from the Wayback Machine Internet Archive.]
- Building Houses with Side View - Student constructs a block figure (dynamic, perspective drawing) to match (10 different figures)
- Classifying Angles - Multiple-choice quiz [5 questions]
- Coloring 2-D sides - Use the colored portion of the 3-D object to color the correct side of the 2-D drawing.
- Coloring 3-D sides - Find the red sides shown in a series of 2-D drawings and click on the right face of the 3-D model to color it red. 20 questions [UK spelling on this site]
- Construction of Bicentric Quadrilateral - A mathematical droodle
- Cube - Find out which colors will be on opposite faces of a cube whose faces are shown unfolded.
- Equilateral, Isosceles, and Scalene Triangles - Choose the most restrictive term
- Geometric Shape Flashcards - Quiz, select the correct answer from a pull down menu
- Geometry Building Blocks: Classifying Angles - Quiz
- Geometry Building Blocks: Classifying Angles - Examples
- Geometry Building Blocks: Classifying Angles - Explanation and drawings
- Guess the View - Students are given a 3-D view of an object, and then given a 2-D view of the object. Students must choose which of 6 views is being displayed from a list.
- How Do We Measure Angles? - Six page worksheet with explanations and exercises to print and use in class
- Interactive Quadrilateral - Become familiar with all angles of quadrilaterals in this interactive game.
- Measuring Angles - Practice lining up and reading a protractor while you measure a set of angles in a fun learning activity
- Measuring Angles with a Virtual Protractor - Ten online activities investigating angles. Use this virtual protractor to measure angles you create yourself.
- Names of Angles - Definition and drawings of each type
- Plot Plans and Silhouettes - From Shape and Space in Geometry - the student task is to come up with plot plans that could match the given silhouettes.
- Plot Plans and Silhouettes - Background information
- Point Out the View - A ten level activity from PBS Kids, students must show what 2-D view each of four viewers would see when looking at a stack of blocks
- Polygons - Introductory lesson from Math is Fun
- Practice With Quadrilaterals - A twelve question quiz with drawings
- Quad Squad - A quick lesson on classifying and describing quadrilaterals
- Quadrilateral Family - From regents prep
- Quadrilateral Matching - Concentration style quiz
- Quadrilateral Quest - Interactive lesson, drag and drop activity
- Quadrilateral Sorter - Click on a shape to find out about it
- Quadrilaterals - Explanation, examples and questions to answer
- Quadrilaterals - A wikipedia entry with a large number of drawings
- Quadrilaterals Explained - Lesson on quadrilaterals and activity dragging the dots to form quadrilaterals.
- Quadrilaterals Quiz - Six multiple choice questions
- Right, Acute, and Obtuse Angles - Figures are shown, decide which is the proper angle
- Right, Acute, and Obtuse Angles - Sort angles into appropriate containers
- Rotating Houses - Students are presented with a 3-D figure created with blocks that can be rotated and flipped using a mouse. The figure must be rotated until it matches a 2-D representation of one of the views.
- Shapes: Quadrilaterals - Explanation and questions to show understanding
- Squaring the Triangle - Learn about how the Pythagorean Theorem works, through investigating the standard geometric proof. Parameters: Sizes of the legs of the triangle.
- Triangle Calculator - Enter values three of the six sides and angles of the triangle and the other three values will be computed. The number of significant values entered will determine the number of significant figures in the results.
- Triangle Explorer - Students learn about areas of triangles and about the Cartesian coordinate system through experimenting with triangles drawn on a grid.
- Triangle Identification - Identify the triangle given its number of sides - instruction and review, practice, and a quiz
- Triangle Identification - Type of triangle, given its angles - instruction and review, practice, and a quiz
- Triangles Side-By-Side - Use geometric vocabulary to describe properties of triangles
- Types of Angles - Definitions, and drawings of each type
- What's My Quadrilateral - Three different teaching ideas
- Working with Angles - Spy Guys Interactive Lesson 16- Online lesson along with activities and practice for this topic.