CCSS.ELA-Literacy.SL.4.4 - Report on a topic or text, tell a story, or recount an experience in an organized manner, using appropriate facts and relevant, descriptive details to support main ideas or themes; speak clearly at an understandable pace.
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.ELA-Literacy.SL.4.4 Report On A Topic Or Text, Tell A Story,... Speaking and Listening - 4th Grade English Language Arts Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 10/08/2017)
- News Broadcast for Kids - News Broadcast activity; can be done at home or school.
- Poetry Recitation Lesson: Field Participation - Lesson plan; Students will choose and memorize a poem of at least 16 lines keeping in mind the importance of expression, memory, eye contact, and a visual compliment as listed on the evaluation sheet of recitation rubrics.
- Speech Tips - Use these tips for planning out a speech and delivering it to the intended audience.
- Story Frame Ideas - Many ideas on various ways to frame a story
- The Great Depression - Lesson plan; students begin by researching and collecting information from a variety of sources. Students develop an appreciation of the difficulties endured by many people during the era of the Great Depression.