CCSS.ELA-Literacy.SL.5.4 - Report on a topic or text or present an opinion, sequencing ideas logically and using appropriate facts and relevant, descriptive details to support main ideas or themes; speak clearly at an understandable pace.
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.ELA-Literacy.SL.5.4 Report On A Topic Or Text Or Present An Opinion,... Speaking and Listening - 5th Grade English Language Arts Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 10/08/2017)
- Informational Text, Neil Armstrong - Paraphrase portions of a text read aloud or information presented
- Informational Text; Michelle Obama - Paraphrase portions of a text read aloud or information presented
- Oral Presentation Skills : Body language - Using body language in a presentation
- Ordering the Phrases - Excellent interactive quiz; learn about the different stages of a presentation and to learn some phrases that tell your audience where you are in your presentation.
- Organized Speech Writing: Speech Structure - Seven part video lesson
- Patterns of Organization and Their Clue Words - Handout for students [from the Internet Archive]
- Planning, Writing, and Completing Oral Presentations - Quiz with 30 multiple choice questions and 5 essay questions
- Principles of Organization - Scroll to middle of page to get to this section; four broad principles