CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.2.2 - Recount stories, including fables and folktales from diverse cultures, and determine their central message, lesson, or moral.
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.2.2 Recount Stories, Including Fables And Folktales From... Reading:Literature - 2nd Grade English Language Arts Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 10/08/2017)
- Aesops Fables - Many familiar fables to read also history of Aesop and fables.
- African Folktales - Stories for children, folktales, fairy tales and fables from Africa.
- Fables and Folktales - Some of these tales will make you think, some of them will make you laugh, some will make you wonder, but almost all of them have hidden wisdom for you to discover!
- Folktales and Fables - Many familiar folktales to read; stories are in form of a puppet show.
- Jack and the Beanstalk - Video of this familiar Fable
- The Princess and the Pea - An animated production of the classic fairy tale by Hans Christian Andersen
- The Ugly Duckling - Disney Released Video; cartoon format.
- World of Folktales - Stories for children, folktales, fairy tales and fables from around the world.