CCSS.Math.Content.5.NBT.A.1 - Recognize that in a multi-digit number, a digit in one place represents 10 times as much as it represents in the place to its right and 1/10 of what it represents in the place to its left.
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.Math.Content.5.NBT.A.1 Recognize That In A Multi-digit Number, A Digit In One Place... Number and Operations in Base Ten - 5th Grade Mathematics Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 10/08/2017)
- Expanded Form of Numbers - The expanded form shows the number expanded into an addition statement. Find the sum of the numbers.
- Finding Place Values - Find the place value of a particular numeral within a number
- Identifying Place Values - Identify the place value of the digits
- My Place - Students learn that the value of a digit is determined by the placement of that digit.
- Place Vale Party - Choose any ages to start, then trade candles until both cakes have the same number.
- Place Value - Rounding numbers and place value activities (choose from easy to super hard)
- Place Value and Decimal - Quick Time movie explaining place values.
- Place Value I - Lesson One- Quick Time movie explaining place values
- Place Value II - Lesson Two- Quick Time movie explaining place values
- Place Value III - Lesson Three- Quick Time movie explaining place values
- Place Value in words and numbers with expanded numbers. - Read the expanded number and type in the numeral represented.
- Place Value IV - Lesson Four- Quick Time movie explaining place values
- Place Value of Decimals - What is the place value of a number in a decimal?
- Place Value Quiz - Decompose the numbers to identify tens and ones
- Place Value Strategy - A spinner is used to select a number, players then decide where to place the number in order to make the greatest possible decimal value [game for one or two players]
- Specific Place - Find the numeral in a specific place value
- There Must Be Thousands - Read, write and identify numerals to the hundred thousands
- What's Your Name?? - Type in the value of numbers when written in standard form or expanded notation.