CCSS.Math.Content.6.SP.A.3 - Recognize that a measure of center for a numerical data set summarizes all of its values with a single number, while a measure of variation describes how its values vary with a single number.
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.Math.Content.6.SP.A.3 Recognize That A Measure Of Center For A Numerical Data Set... Statistics and Probability - 6th Grade Mathematics Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 10/08/2017)
- An Overview of Mean, Median, and Mode - This lesson plan includes a link to a three page worksheet to print
- Jupiter Is Average - Using data from our solar system, students explore median, mode, mean, and range. Students learn to use an on-line calculator to determine the mean and range.
- Landmark Chart Numbers - Range, mean, median, and mode game
- Mean and Median - This applet allows the user to investigate the mean, median, and box-and-whisker plot for a set of data that they create
- Mean and Range - Worksheet to print for students
- Mean Green Machine - Use a calculator to find and use the average, or mean, of a set of data
- Mean, Median, and Mode Calculator - Enter numbers separated by comma and then calculate
- Mean, Median, Mode, and Range - Worksheet to print for students
- Mean, Median, Mode, and Range - PowerPoint show to introduce the topic
- Measures of Central Tendency - Four-page worksheet for a quiz, no answers given
- Measures of Central Tendency: Mean, Median, and Mode - Examples, student worksheet, and checklist [13 page document]
- Measures of Spread: Box and Whisker Plots - From the Australian Bureau of Statistics - includes suggested problems to assign [from the Internet archive which is called the Wayback Machine.]
- Median - Explore median as the middle value of an ordered data set. Learn how to calculate and interpret mean values. Work through the lesson, experiment with the interactive figure and then answer five questions. [caution: do not submit until you have selected answers to all of the questions
- Medians - Understand and apply the concepts of median and mean.
- Minimum, Maximum, Mode, and Range - Worksheet to print for students
- Mode and Range - Worksheet to print for students
- Party Comedian - Find and use the median of a set of data.
- Party Mode - Find and use the mode of a set of data.
- Rugby Math - Mean, mode and median
- Send in the Trolls - The trolls need your help finding the troll with the middle height (to send to a beauty contest).
- The Beatles Averages - Worksheet to print for students
- What are Your Chances - What many people refer to as 'good luck' can actually be explained by a little knowledge about probability and statistics. This dice game allows you to see how increasing or decreasing the number of dice rolls effects an outcome.
- Working with Measures of Central Tendency - Students use given data to complete an online worksheet