CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.K.5 - Recognize common types of texts (e.g., storybooks, poems).
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.K.5 Recognize Common Types Of Texts (e.g., Storybooks, Poems). Reading:Literature - Kindergarten English Language Arts Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 10/08/2017)
- Book Sorting - Unit plan; categorizing books in many ways; interactive template included of venn diagram.
- Genre Posters - Print out these colorful posters to remind students of the different types of genres.
- Mother Goose - Listen to poety in this podcast
- Nursery Rhymes - Many rhymes to read and share with students.
- Rhymes - Free printable coloring pages, craft ideas, puppets, felt board characters, word wall Templates, picture crossword puzzles and other activity sheets to go with the rhymes.
- Stories - Many stories, some with audio. Listen and discuss unknown words.
- Stories to Read and to Be Read to You - Many stories, fiction, non-fiction; audio included. Have student read it or have it read to them.