CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.2.4 - Read with sufficient accuracy and fluency to support comprehension.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.2.4.a - Read grade-level text with purpose and understanding.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.2.4.b - Read grade-level text orally with accuracy, appropriate rate, and expression.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.2.4.c - Use context to confirm or self-correct word recognition and understanding, rereading as necessary.
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.2.4 Read With Sufficient Accuracy And Fluency To Support Comprehension. Reading:Foundational Skills - 2nd Grade English Language Arts Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 10/08/2017)
- Context Clues - Use the paragraph reading to figure out the meaning of these words.
- Dinosaurs - Students will read a short paragraph about Diplodocus, Pachycephalosaurus, and Tyrannosaurus then answer questions about each dinosaur. An answer key is provided.
- Dinosaurs ; Read about different types of these animals. - Students will read an informational paragraph about Ankylosaurus, Iguanodon, and Brachiosaurus then answer questions about each. An answer key is provided.
- Fluency and Comprehension - Many reading passage to use in the classroom for practicing several reading skills.
- Illustrate a Story - Online interactive site; children read a story, then illustrate it.
- Penguins - Students will read an informational paragraph about penguins, and then answer questions about each. An answer key is provided.
- Story Solutions - Students will read each story and write an ending.