CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.1.4 - Read with sufficient accuracy and fluency to support comprehension.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.1.4.a - Read grade-level text with purpose and understanding.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.1.4.b - Read grade-level text orally with accuracy, appropriate rate, and expression.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.1.4.c - Use context to confirm or self-correct word recognition and understanding, rereading as necessary.
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.1.4 Read With Sufficient Accuracy And Fluency To Support Comprehension. Reading:Foundational Skills - 1st Grade English Language Arts Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 10/08/2017)
- Amazing Animals - Students will use the words dog, drink, play, and sitting to correctly complete each sentence.
- Compare and Contrast Graphic Organizer - Use this handy organizer when comparing and contrasting things.
- Going to the Zoo - Read this online story to the class; many supporting details in the story.
- Goldilocks and the Three Bears - Online interactive story, questions at the end of story.
- I'm Reading - Choose from this list of stories to read.
- Remember the Rules - Culmination Practice of 1st grade grammar skills.
- Spring is Here - students will print the correct word on the line for each of four sentences. An answer key is included.
- Stories - Read online stories; comes with audio that you can turn off and on.
- What's in the Bag - Words that describe a picture; find the picture that matches the words.