CCSS.Math.Content.2.MD.A.4 - Measure to determine how much longer one object is than another, expressing the length difference in terms of a standard length unit.
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.Math.Content.2.MD.A.4 Measure To Determine How Much Longer One... Measurement and Data - 2nd Grade Mathematics Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 10/08/2017)
- Gummy Worm Stretch - Lesson plan using manipulatives and group participation.
- Measure the Objects - Worksheet; measure these items, then come up with questions on which is longer or shorter.
- Measurements of Me - Pair up students and ask them to compare answers to these questions.
- Measuring in Inches - Create your own questions using this worksheet generator measuring lines in inches.
- Measuring Lines - Create your own questions using this printable worksheet to compare line lengths.
- Taller/Wider/Longer? - Online lesson plan that includes the handouts and instructions for using the material.