CCSS.Math.Content.7.G.B.4 - Know the formulas for the area and circumference of a circle and use them to solve problems; give an informal derivation of the relationship between the circumference and area of a circle.
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.Math.Content.7.G.B.4 Know The Formulas For The Area And Circumference Of A Circle And Use... Geometry - 7th Grade Mathematics Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 10/08/2017)
- Calculating Areas - Five multiple choice questions
- Calculating the Circumference of a Circle - Instruction, practice and a quiz (they call it a game at AAA Math)
- Circle, Sphere and Cylinder Calculator - Input a number, state if the number is diameter, radius, or circumference and the other numbers are calculated
- Eratosthenes: Measurement of the Earth's Circumference - Scroll down past the ad to see how the circumference of the earth was measured around 240 BC
- Finding the Area of a Circle - Instruction, practice and a quiz (they call it a game at AAA Math)
- Lesson on Circumference of a Circle - Examples and five practice exercises
- Measuring Around - Find circumference - five multiple choice questions
- Pi - Explanation from Wikipedia including an excellent animation at the top of the page
- The Geometry of Circles - Illustrated definitions from Cool Math