CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.2.3 - Know and apply grade-level phonics and word analysis skills in decoding words.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.2.3.a - Distinguish long and short vowels when reading regularly spelled one-syllable words.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.2.3.b - Know spelling-sound correspondences for additional common vowel teams.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.2.3.c - Decode regularly spelled two-syllable words with long vowels.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.2.3.d - Decode words with common prefixes and suffixes.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.2.3.e - Identify words with inconsistent but common spelling-sound correspondences.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.2.3.f - Recognize and read grade-appropriate irregularly spelled words.
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.2.3 Know And Apply Grade-level Phonics And Word Analysis... Reading:Foundational Skills - 2nd Grade English Language Arts Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 10/08/2017)
- Build a new Word - Click on a prefix or suffix to build a word.
- Deep Sea Phonics - Online game; choose the correct letters in a word.
- Make a word. - How many words can you make using the same endings?
- Pirate Spelling - Select the correct letters to fill in the gap of the words.
- Prefix and Suffix - Complete unit on many types of text features with handouts included.
- Prefixes - Find the right combination to make a real word.
- Prefixes - Online lesson with practice included.
- Suffixes - Matching game; drag the word that matches with the word.
- Suffixes - Online lesson with practice included.
- Suffixes and Prefixes - Online quiz; pick the correct answer to the questions.